11. Continue through Marekai’s room and left to the trophy (junk) room. Here is where you’ll find a lot of Shay’s old things. They have information on them that we’ll need soon, so I’m going to record all the relevant information here. Feel free to refer to it later in this separate guide I made.
In the first photo, Shay is being hugged by his stuffed snake. He’s also missing two teeth and his shoes are size 7 with skulls on them.
There’s also a drawing of a fireman, drawn by Shay at age 8. He’s wearing blue boots.
There’s two teeth in a jar, labeled “Name: Volta, S. Age: 6. Deciduous Incisors 8, 9.”
Then there’s a pair of bronzed boots, titled “Shay’s first Space Boots. Age 5.” Note that they’re polka-dotted but you can’t tell the color.
Besides these four items, you also have the medical report and a couple of other interesting tidbits.
There’s a painting of a red boot.
There’s also a trophy for Purple Boots The Musical.
There’s also an award for first place in a hugging marathon.
Note to Shoe Fairy: “Dear Shoe Fairy. Thanks for the shoes. The red striped ones were cool, so were the green ones with skulls, but next year could I please have red shoes with skulls, please please please? Thanks, Shay.”
Medical Report: ” Medibot exam report. Patient continues normal, healthy development. Unlike his first five years, this year has been marked by a remarkable growth spurt. In one year he has grown two inches taller and gained three shoe sizes. SPLARGH therapy appears to be working.”
I’ll explain how to use all this information when we need it.
12. Go up through the teleporter to the left. Her name’s Melanie, or Mel. When you get out on the other side at the teleporter room (Nexus), your head will be bigger and Vella will mention that her voice sounds different, but I honestly didn’t notice any change. This is actually the one part of the game where I truly got stuck the first time I played. It was very unclear and easy to miss. But apparently the teleporters are what change her voice so she sounds more like Shay — whether or not she actually sounds different to you. This next bit is even trickier. You’re supposed to go left here and around to the Starboard Passageway by foot, then take the teleporter up to the teleporter room (Nexus) so her head grows even bigger. Then again, go around by foot to the control room door. You should see the right and left teleporters glowing in the teleporter room (Nexus) before you head left to the control room. If it worked, you should be able to get Mom to ask you questions to determine whether you’re really Shay.
You can also watch my video for this part of the walkthrough:
13. Go to the control room door and talk to mom. Tell her you’re Shay again and this time she’ll ask you three questions. The answers can all be found in the trophy (junk) room. If you need a refresher, here’s the info again.
Question 1: What was the name of you favorite stuffed animal as a child?
Answer 1: Mister Huggy (Remember what Shay called the snake?)
Question 2: Of all of my little pet names for you, which one was your favorite?
Answer 2: Can we please not do this?
Question 3: I used to make my son new space boots every year until his 9th birthday, when he insisted on machine-made boots from the replicator. As he would surely remember, I tried to keep things fresh by never repeating a color or pattern. So, please tell me what was the color, size, and pattern of his very first space boots?
Answer 3: Purple (Purple Shoes the Musical.)
Size 4 (The photo of the snake shows him with size 7 shoes and missing two teeth. He lost the teeth at age 6, so he’s 6 in the photo. The medical report says he had a growth spurt and grew three sizes in one year. So at age 5, his shoe size was 7 – 3 = 4.)
Polka-dot (The bronze sculpture of his first pair of boots are polka-dotted.)
And now you can enter the central control room!
14. Mom comes out of the control room, but the ship shakes and you both get thrown back in, the doors locking behind you. Time to learn some more about the story. Talk to mom and exhaust all options. Tell her she was never in space. Marekai (Marek) will confirm this and explain a few things, but not really.
15. Pick up the fork and look at Shay’s family photo. This is the clue he needs to fix his Hexipal. You can use the guide to help you with that or wait until I get there in this walkthrough.
16. Now we have another tricky puzzle. First, talk to Mom (Hope) and exhaust all options to learn more about the story. Then tap on the central control sphere to use it. You now can control a few small things throughout the ship.
17. Before starting the tricky part, tap the left arrow to go to Shay’s room. Tap the grabber hand icon to get the arms to remove the rubble from Shay’s bed. They’ll clean it and take it elsewhere.
18. I’m separating this section into a new guide, since it’s fairly complicated. You can find the instructions here or just watch the video below. It involves breaking things and shorting out wires to get the safety Hexipal (Hexi-gal) bot to fix them and in the end fix the control room door.
19. Now that you’ve opened the control room door, you can leave the room! But first, watch the cutscene the ship (Mog Chothra) is entering Red Hangar. You’re at the Mog Factory! Vella comes up with a plan to blow up the whole place and get the ship out of there.
20. Before you go any farther, use the control sphere to unlock all the doors on the ship. Otherwise, you’ll have to walk back to do so.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.